See this ?!?
Sweet Bea, who is a Dane like me but living with her husband and 2 soon to be 3 kiddos in the US, totally surprised me with this lovely award!
Please go check out her block too: Beaquilter
Bea is also a professional, ribbon winning quilter, I do so wish I could quilt like that!!
If you want to read more about this award, go to the VBA blog.
The rules for nomination and nominated blogs are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- you might include a link to the VBA site.
- Finally, tell 7 things about yourself.
Most of them are quilting related, no surprise! But also because I truly enjoy reading about they day-to-day life with ups and downs, to get a glimpse of their real life and the interesting persons behind this and that blog.
So if you do not find YOUR blog on the beneath list, please rest assured that I had a hard time selecting!
Here are my award winning nominees (in no particular order), please go and pay them a visit, I think they are well worth it:
- Don't Call Me Betsy
- In Color Order
- Sew Sweetness
- Pie Birds, Buttons and Muddy Puddles
- Quiltingismytherapy's Blog
- artsy-crafty babe
- Hyacinth Quilt Designs
- from the blue chair
- a quilt is nice
- Pleasant Home
- Piece and Press
- Stitched in Color
- Lily's Quilts
- Red Pepper Quilts
OK, here goes:
- I was an au pair in France for 1 year when I was 18
It was the year after highschool. That year was sometimes difficult but I learned a lot about myself, how to navigate in and adapt to a very different culture and what to put up with. This shaped me quite a bit and made me choose an education I would not have chosen otherwise: I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Languages of French and English.
Besides my mother language Danish, I also speak German and understand the other 2 Nordic languages Swedish and Norwegian.
- The above 2 all melts together beautifully, as I work in a German medical company, in the Nordic Offices together with Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and German colleagues. The company language is English. I am a Clinical Trial Assistant and I adminstrate pharmaceutical clinical trials conducted in humans. So I can really see a meaning in what I do: some day this or that medicine will help someone to a better life!
- I have taught myself all about quilting through books, wonderfully inspiring blogs, tutorials, virtual quilting bees/swaps (THANK YOU) and trial-and-error. I have only ever attended one quilting class and that was 1 year ago, learning about Y-seams.
- I hate dishonesty more that anything else!
- I would love to have a cat (I have had 3 Maine Coon Cats before), but my sweetheart is heavily allergic, so that is now a no-go... I enjoy the peeks of other bloggers' cats even more and love that you include them!
- It took us 4 years get our beatiful boy, Johan.
During the last year we got all the help modern fertility has to offer (ICSI for those of you who know), so he truely is our little treasure!! I hope for a future sister or brother, but we can only hope!
- I am the avatar (=identity) Kvinta Lingiuan in the virtual world Second Life.
I have been 'inworld" since 2006 and have had many joyous moments, getting som very good virtual friends, and have had a virtual garden centre in there, for real selling virtual plants I had created.
Second Life can be a very creative place, but sadly some greedy and selfish people have spoiled the visual experience for many many persons. Nowadays (after the birth of Johan 2 years ago) I rarely get to visit. Send me an IM, if you know what I am babbling about ;0).
thank again to Bea for the VBA!