I am fairly happy with my current ironing board, but the top fabric was showing quite a few stains and wear, so I decided to make a new cover. I took off the fabric and batting and began auditioning fabrics
I took off the old batting and cut a new and larger piece but decided to keep the original batting underneath, as I had been slightly annoyed by the fact that I could always feel the metalframe and edges all the way round.
I chose to use a light green/yellowish fabric by Khristian Howell and then some linen at the end with a border of radomly mixed squares to add a bit of pop and colour.
I switched the linen and patterned fabric around.
So aahh! Better now :)
Have a nice day!